FluoroTechnology products enable the manufacture of semiconductors. This technology is used in tanks, valves, pumps and piping to create the ultra-pure manufacturing environments that are necessary for micro-electronics. FluoroTechnology also increases equipment longevity by providing corrosion resistance against harsh chemicals and improves safety by reducing the potential for leaks. Fluoropolymers and other fluorinated substances are also used for plasma machinery, etching materials, cleaning fluids and wetting surfactants for chemical etchants.
The use of FluoroTechnology in the semiconductor industry supports more than 95,000 jobs in the U.S. and more than 91,000 jobs in Europe. Globally, FluoroTechnology materials and products specific to the semiconductor industry generate a total of $752.6 billion in economic output.1
- Etching and Resist Materials
- High-Purity Drying and Cleaning Fluids
- Polymers for Processing
- Wetting Surfactants for Chemical Etchants and other Processing
- Gaskets and O-Rings for Severe Environments
- Plasma and Vapor Deposition Machinery
- Processing Equipment
- Tanks, Valves, Pumps and Piping
1 Based on preliminary estimates of 2013 data by the American Chemistry Council.